Thursday, March 31, 2016

Day 23 -- Soreness & Fatigue

Today, for the first time since my first few days of working out, I am sore. Yesterday's chest/triceps/shoulders workout included a few more sets than usual, and some exercises I haven't done in a long time, so that's led to a little soreness today.

The fatigue is more a result of very little sleep -- about five hours' worth. Netflix and I spent a little too much quality time together last night. You know how it is, you start a series, an episode ends on a cliffhanger, you go to the next one, which ends on another cliffhanger, and before you know it, it's 2 o'clock in the morning!

That's one of the things I need to change -- getting more sleep. So far I've done okay with the working out and diet, but I still don't get enough sleep, so that'll be my next target, more sleep.

Along those lines, I'll be making this short and sweet so I can get some more sleep tonight!

Workout

Cardio
Stationary Bike
43 minutes (6 minutes at lvl 6, 18 minutes on lvl 5, 19 minutes on lvl 4)
14 miles
455 calories

Food for the day

Breakfast
Coffee

Lunch
Denver steak -- 6.25 ounces
Mixed veggies -- 1/2 cup

Snack
Salad (lettuce, grape tomatoes, mushrooms, 1 boiled egg, 1 ounce lean ham, 2 tablespoons fat-free thousand island dressing)

First dinner
Boiled chicken breast -- 4 ounces
Mozzarella cheese -- 1/8 cup

Second dinner
Mini-chicken sandwiches (each one had 2 ounces boiled chicken breast, basil, 1/4 cup mozzarella cheese, 3/4 tablespoon homemade chipolte mayonnaise, THIN-sliced French bread)

Snack
Hamburger steak -- 1.25 ounce
Instant mashed potatoes -- 3/4 cup (yes, I know, this is not good for me)

Totals for the day
1,400 calories
51 grams fat
133 grams protein

Water -- 60 ounces
Diet soda -- 36 ounces

Thanks for stopping by!

3 comments:

  1. This same exact thing happened to me on Thursday night. Got to the second to last episode of House of Cards, and at the end, decided I needed to finish the season. Stupid compelling television.

    For the soreness, consider taking Fish Oil. All the fish made a huge difference during the Rock challenge.

    Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This same exact thing happened to me on Thursday night. Got to the second to last episode of House of Cards, and at the end, decided I needed to finish the season. Stupid compelling television.

    For the soreness, consider taking Fish Oil. All the fish made a huge difference during the Rock challenge.

    Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mark! Wow, I have to admit to being blown away that you've read my blog, and commented. That's kinda like having a Regular Guy Workout Rock Star commenting! I rarely am surprised by much in life (I work as a daily newspaper editor, so I've seen about everything), but seeing your comment really, really shocked me! Thanks so much for stopping in.

      Yeah, House of Cards did that to me -- I lost a LOT of sleep the weekend after that was released. This time, though, it was Dare Devil. Not sure if that one measures up to House of Cards, but hey, my entertainment palate isn't exactly what one might consider sophisticated.

      Thanks for the tip on the fish oil, I may give that a try. I haven't yet incorporated any fish in my diet yet, but next week I plan to start adding some.

      I gotta say, I was amazed that you were able to get through The Rock workout for 30 days. That would kill me first day out (both the workout and the cod). I enjoyed reading your blog.

      Thanks again for stopping in and commenting!

      Delete