Friday, April 1, 2016

Day 24 -- End of the Week!

Okay folks, I'm writing this one really, really late, so I'll be short and sweet.

I was tempted today. Twice.

First, some homeschoolers showed up at the office selling Krispy Kreme donuts. I'm not generally one who's tempted much by sweets, but come on, it was KRISPY KREME! Do you know how easy it would have been to buy a box (or two) -- you know, not for me, but the family at home. Really, for the family. Honest.

Yeah, you and I both know where that would have gone. So I calmly declined their offer, went back to my office and thought mean thoughts about my afternoon snack -- a salad.

The second temptation came a little later, as the afternoon wore on. I was sorely tempted to call home, ask my wife if she'd like to go out for dinner. You know how it is -- Friday, the end of a long, busy, tiring week and the idea of slipping out to Applebee's or somewhere else similar would have been so easy.

But I refused! Not so much for the food -- I actually can eat at Applebee's and mostly stay within the eating plan, but doing that would mean missing a workout, and that's what got me. I simply couldn't miss a workout.

So, I finished working, arrived home and hurried off to the gym before changing my mind.

I guess you can call that a good day. (It's even a better day as I write this, because the Celtics just hung a loss on Golden State)!

Anywhere, here's the scoop on what I've done today.

Workout
Back and biceps

Back
Seat Row
130 pounds - 1 set, 10 reps
210 pounds - 2 sets, 8 reps each
200 pounds -- 2 sets, 8 reps each

Straight-armed pulled downs
80 pounds, 2 sets each

Biceps
Curl Bar Curls
40 pounds, 1 set x 10 reps
70 pounds, 1 set x 15 reps
*I usually do more sets and reps than this, but an old forearm issue from a couple of years back has flared up a bit, and if I'm not careful I could end up not doing any bicep work, and limited on the back work, so I took it easier tonight.

Ab Machine Crunch
110 pounds, 25 reps

Cardio
Stationary Bike
25 minutes, all lvl 5.
9 miles
275 calories burned

Food for the day
Breakfast
Coffee
Eggs -- 1 whole, 2 white
Lean ham -- 1.5 ounces

Lunch
2 Chicken sandwiches (same as last night -- 4 ounces boiled chicken breast, THINLY sliced French bread, 1/4 Mozzarella cheese, homemade chipotle sauce, basil).
Fat Free Greek Yogurt

Snack
Salad -- 1 ounce lean ham, 1 boiled egg (gotta love Easter), mushrooms, lettuce mixture, 1 tablespoon fat-free Thousand Island dressing.

First Dinner
5 ounces chicken breast, onions, peppers, all in a fat-free fajita mixture.

Second Dinner
Lean hamburger steak -- 4 ounces
Baked potato  -- 5.25 ounces
Diet Butter -- 1 tablespoon

Snack
Boiled chicken breast -- 2 ounces

Total for the day
1,510 calories
69 grams fat
147 ounces protein

Water -- 80 ounces
Diet soda -- 36 ounces

Okay, that fat was WAY high for the way, mostly because of the hamburger (even lean, it's high-fat) and the chipotle sauce on the lunch sandwiches (it uses mayonnaise).

That fat, of course, bumped the calories up a little higher than I like, with protein a tad on the low side.

That's it for the day. Thanks for stopping by, and Saturday I'll share a little surprise I got today from another blogger (and I promise to post MUCH earlier)


No comments:

Post a Comment