Friday, March 25, 2016

Uh Oh....Not Exactly the Day I Had Planned...

Well folks, I was a bad boy today.

No, I didn't blow the diet. In fact, I did quite well on eating. But I didn't do the scheduled weight training. And I didn't do any cardio in its place.

See, the Virginia Cavaliers were playing tonight in the Sweet Sixteen of the NCAA Tournament. They were playing at 7:10 p.m. I got home at 7:08 p.m., and the gym was closed by the time the game was over.

So no exercise, although I did get a bit of a workout during the game -- lots of pacing the floor, a few spikes in the old heart rate, and I never sat down once. Well, other than at half-time. Funny thing, I was never like this before I coached basketball. If any of my old players, or their parents, are reading this they can tell you I almost never sat during those games -- I just paced the sideline, back and forth, back and forth, occasionally giving a little leap into the air, maybe getting a little animated here and there. 

And while it's been three years since I coached (other than that alumni game a couple of months ago), I still get really, really into the games I watch on television now, particularly if one of my favorite teams is playing. The Cavs are my all-time favorite college team, so I had to stay and watch them.

Anyway, so no workout today.

But I did stay on the eating plan, so here's my food for the day.

Breakfast
Coffee

Lunch
Lean pork chops -- 5 ounces
Mixed veggie -- 1/2 cup
Low-fat Greek yogurt 

First Dinner
Bottom round steak -- 3.5 ounces
Mixed Veggies -- 1/2 cup

Snack
Eggs -- 1 whole, 2 whites
Lean turkey sausage -- 2.5 ounces
Homemade fat-free hash browns -- 1 cup
(okay, it was a BIG snack).

Second snack
Colossal Berry Crunch (with marshmellows!) - 1 cup
Almond mild -- 1 cup

Total for the day
Calories -- 1,210
Fat -- 38 grams
Protein -- 117 grams

No comments:

Post a Comment