Saturday, March 12, 2016

Day 4: Irish Batboys, Food and Workout Report

In keeping with the upcoming St. Patrick's Day, I'll describe how I woke up today by saying for just the briefest moment my arms felt like a thousand little Leprechauns had spent the night beating my arms with tiny little Irish baseball bats.

Both biceps and triceps, along with my forearms, where quite sore. I had expected my legs to be sore from doing that set of squats last night, but I guess the weight was so light that really didn't bother me, but man, my arms were stiff and sore.

Most of the soreness went away pretty quickly once I got up and moved around, and especially after I went to the gym for some cardio. They're still a little stiff right now, but nothing too bad. Ah, the joys of starting an exercise program. I suspect I've gotten by the worst of the soreness, though I'll have a little more over the next week or so I'm sure.

Not a lot to report, though. Like I said in my post this morning, weekends can be tough on weight loss efforts because the routine is so different. I ended up way light on my eating through most of the day, which let me eat a little more than I would have otherwise at night. Anyway, here's the details for the day.

Workout -- Cardio

Stationary Bike, 30 minutes at levels 4-5 (mostly 4)
10.5 miles
325 calories

Eating for the day

Breakfast
Cappuccino

Snack
Protein Drink

Lunch
BBQ Chicken -- 5 ounces
Noodles -- 3/4-cups

Snack
Fat Free Greek Yogurt

Dinner
Chili Verde on Cornmeal tortillas

Late Snack
More Chili Verde, without the tortillas

Water -- 40 ounces
Diet soda -- 24 ounces

Total for the day (so far, I'll update later if I have a snack tonight)
Calories -- 1,636
Fat -- 37 grams
Protein -- 158 grams


I'll be back to update later, but for now...ACC Basketball Championship -- Go Hoos!

No comments:

Post a Comment