Thursday, March 17, 2016

Day 9: Combining workouts

Well, this is Day 9, and I'm doing pretty well overall. As I mentioned yesterday, I lost 11 pounds in the first week, and I'm feeling pretty good overall.

The biggest two things today have been: first the fact that I've been home all day, almost like a weekend day, so my schedule's been off a bit, and I will be again tomorrow (two vacation days for the NCAA Basketball Tournament!); and second, today is the first day I combined weight training and cardio.

That wasn't actually in the plans, with my original idea just to do a regular weight workout. But, after I was done I was feeling pretty good, and the stationary bike at the gym was open, so why not?

The eating, as you'll see, has been a little different, with my calorie count up a little and my fat content up a lot. That's because it's St. Patrick's Day! That means corn-beef brisket, and this year the story didn't have any of the good, higher-quality ones, so the ones we got were a little on the high-fat side. Well, even the better ones are high in fat, but these were really high!

Otherwise, it's been a decent day for eating.

Here's the scoop so far:

Exercise

Cardio
Stationary Bike
23 minutes (13 Minutes at level 5, the rest at level 4)
8 miles
355 calories

Weight training (back, biceps)

Seat row
130 pounds -- 1 set, 10 reps
200 pounds -- 2 sets, 8 reps each
190 pounds -- 2 sets, 8 reps

Lat pulldown
90 pounds -- 2 sets, 10 each

Curl bar curls
40 pounds -- 1 set, 10 reps
70 pounds -- 2 sets, 8 reps
60 pounds -- 1 set, 8 reps

Food
Breakfast
Cappuccino
Eggs - 1 whole, 2 whites
Whole Wheat Torilla

Lunch
Lean Pork Chop -- 4 ounces
Salad

First Dinner
Chili verde (we had a lot of that leftover the other night)
Rice -- 1 cup

Second Dinner
Corn beef brisket -- 7 ounces
Baked potato -- 7 ounces
diet butter

Late Snack
Corn beef brisket -- 3 ounces

Water -- 50 ounces (so far, will update)
diet soda -- 24 ounces

Total so far
1,735 calories
89 grams of fat (told you it was high)
143 grams of protein

No comments:

Post a Comment