Friday, March 11, 2016

Day 3 food and exercise (and maybe overdoing it a bit)

Okay, just for the record, I'm really not overdoing it, but that was for my sister, who thinks I'm too old to exercise like this!

Now, for the day, I had a little challenge that I mostly failed. That challenge? Someone in my office came around today with a big old bag of candy -- those little miniature smaller-than-bite size pieces of Snickers and Twix and Three Musketeers. I didn't want to be rude, so I took four pieces, thinking I'd just put them aside and then get rid of them later.

Well, I got rid of them all right...three of them anyway (I don't like Twix). Thankfully, those are so small they don't really carry a lot of calories (between 43 and 50 calories each, depending upon which listing you use. I think the 43-calorie website is much more reputable).

Otherwise, my biggest problem today has not been eating enough.

For my workout, I did back and biceps. Eventually I'll add a leg workout to the mix, but right now, just getting started, I'm going to get used to the workouts and the cardio before getting into much work with the legs.

Here was my workout for the day:

Back
Seated Row
1 set 120 pounds, 10 reps
3 sets at 190 pounds, 10 reps each set.

Late Pulldowns
90 pounds, 2 sets of 10 (That's a little light, but I have a bit of a forearm issue that sometimes limits how much I can do on certain lifts, and this is one of the lifts I have to be easy with).

Biceps
Curl Bar Curls (It's a squiggly shorter barbell).
40 pounds -- 1 set of 10
70 pounds, 1 set x 10 reps
60 pounds, 1 set x 10 reps
50 pounds, 1 set 10 reps

Legs(Okay, I wasn't going to do any legs, but the gym was nearly empty tonight, the squat rack was just sitting there empty, so I had to do 1 set. It's been a year since I did squats, so it was an easy, light set).
135 pounds, 1 set x 10 reps.

Abs
Ab crunch machine
95 pounds, 2 sets, 15 reps each

Now for the food.

Breakfast
Eggs (2 whole)
Lean pork chop (2.2 ounces)
Coffee

Lunch
Chicken -- 5 ounces
BBQ sauce -- 1/2 cup
Mixed veggies -- 2/3 cup

Snack
Big salad with 1/6 cup mozzarella cheese, olives, and 1 ounce lean ham

First Dinner
Lean pork chop -- 5 ounces
Mixed veggies -- 2/3 cup

Misc. Snack -- those dreaded little mini candy pieces.

Second Dinner -- haven't had that one yet. I'll add the info later

Snack
Granola cereal 2/3 cup
Almond Milk -- 1 cup

80 ounces of water
32 ounces of Diet Mountain Dew.

Totals
Calories -- 1,285
Fat -- 37.5 grams
Protein -- 118 grams

So far, too light in the calories, WAY too light on the protein. I need to do a better job of planning my meals.

Well, that's all for now. I'll update after my very-late second dinner. Thanks for stopping by!


3 comments:

  1. This is good, but crazy how low your calories are!! I am trying to stay at 1000-1200, but not eating meat makes it harder to stay full.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is good, but crazy how low your calories are!! I am trying to stay at 1000-1200, but not eating meat makes it harder to stay full.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, the low calorie count on Day 3 was an accident. I'm about to have a little snack, so those numbers will go up a bit when I revise, but you're right, that's really too low.

    ReplyDelete