Thursday, March 10, 2016

Day 2 workout, eating, and more SORENESS

Well, the end of Day 2 is drawing to a close, and I have two things to say.

I'm sore and I'm hungry!

Not much I can do about the soreness -- I was right in my post this morning, the soreness has gotten worse through the day. And I've done this enough to know it'll be even worse tomorrow.

As for the hunger, I'm going to get a snack soon. The worst thing you can do, I think, is let yourself stay hungry while trying to lose weight. That's a recipe for binge eating!

Anyway, here's my workout and food for the day.

The exercise was simple
Stationary bike, 30 minutes
Level 4 resistance
9.75 miles covered
312 calories burned

Now the food:

Breakfast
Coffee
Eggs -- 1 whole, 2 whites
Lean ham -- 1 1/2 ounces

Lunch
Sesame Chicken and Noodle (I'll post the recipe at the end of today's blog)

Snack
Big Salad (lettuce, cabbage, carrots, mushrooms, olives, bit of cheese, 1-1/2 ounces of lean ham)

First Dinner (I sound like a hobbit saying that)
Rice -- 3/4 cup
Boiled chicken breast -- 5 ounces
Veggies -- 3/4 cup

Second Dinner
BBQ chicken on noodles, which consisted of:
Chicken breast -- 5 ounces
Homemade BBQ sauce
Curly noodles -- 1 serving.

Snack
Salmon 4.7 ounces (yes, that's an odd snack, but it was in the fridge, already cooked, so why not?)
Fat free Greek Yogurt

Total for the day
1,861 calories
47.45 fat
177 grams of protein
Water -- 70 ounces
Diet soda -- 36 ounces

Notes and thoughts. I wouldn't have done the sesame chicken and noodles at lunch had I known we were doing the BBQ chicken over noodles at dinner -- that's a little too heavy on the pasta/carbs, and too many calories overall. And I was high on fat, though a third of it was from the salmon, which really is a healthy fat. I'm still a little low on protein -- I should, ideally, be in the 180+ gram range.

Sesame Chicken recipe (my version, for a single serving):
Whole wheat noodles -- 1 serving (4.2 ounces of cooked noodles)
Veggies -- 3/4 cup
Chicken breast -- 5 ounces
Sauce -- 1 teaspoon sesame oil mixed with 1 tablespoon reduced sodium soy sauce.

Now, if I were cooking this in a big pot for multiple people, it would be the same basic ingredients -- noodles, chicken, and veggies (frozen mixed veggies, plus some chopped up onions and peppers cooked and put in). The sauce, however, would be different. It would be maybe a half-cup of soy sauce, 1/3-cup of honey and two to three tablespoons of sesame oil. You have to mix it up really well, because the honey tends to sink to the bottom. Once the sauce is mixed up really well, pour it over the whole thing and mix it up really well. If you really want to get fancy, you can throw a couple of tablespoons of sesame seeds on the whole thing and mix it up some more. If you really like the sesame taste, you can add a little more oil. If you like it sweet, add a little more honey.

Well, that's it for now folks -- thanks for stopping by! Any comments or questions, just leave in the comment section below and I'll respond.


No comments:

Post a Comment