Tuesday, April 19, 2016

My MISSED Monday blog

Okay folks, I'm giving you a quick rundown on how I did yesterday, Monday, because I was just too tired to do it last night, and once the clock started inching close to midnight, I figured sleep was better than blogging.

I will say this -- the legs were really, really fatigued today after doing legs and biking yesterday and biking again Monday morning. Not sure if there's some answer here -- more food, more sleep -- or if I simply need to not do cardio on leg day. Of course, this is only the second leg workout I've done since I've been working out, so maybe I just haven't had time to get used to it. 

Anyway, here's the scoop on how I did Monday:

Workout
Cardio -- stationary bike
50 minutes (all on lvls 5 or 6, except the final five minutes, at lvl 4)
17 miles
565 calories

Weight training
Back and biceps, but because I'm still a little leery about the forearm, I did not do any bicep work. I did, however, return to some of my normal weights on a few of the back sets.

Back
Seated row
130 pounds -- 1 set, 10 reps
200 pounds -- 2 sets, 8 reps each
180 pounds -- 2 sets, 8 reps each

Nautilus machine lat pulldown
125 pounds -- 2 sets, 10 reps each

That's it. Feels like I didn't do much, especially with the cardio now in the mornings and the weights in the evenings. I did have my son working out with me though. Actually, on this night my youngest son and daughter worked out. The boy has been out the past three weeks with a rather severe foot issue (well, painful, anyway), but he went back to the doctor yesterday, all is good so he's back in the gym. The daughter? Well, she was just hanging around outside the gym while my wife was in Zumba class, so we got her to go with us to the weight room.

Eating For Monday

Breakfast
Eggs -- 1 whole, 2 whites
Oatmeal -- 1/3 cup dry
Banana -- 1/2 of one, chopped up in the oatmeal

Lunch
Bottom round steak -- 4 ounces
Sweet potato -- 5 ounces
Veggies -- 2/3 cup

Snack
Protein Bar

Snack 2
Fat-free Greek yogurt

Dinner
Steak wraps - consisting of 4.25 ounces of bottom round steak, 1/3 cup mozzarella, 2 tablespoons salsa, all mixed and spread out on two whole-wheat wraps.

Totals for the day

1,480 calories
38 grams of fat
160 grams of protein

Water -- 80 ounces
Diet soda -- 20 ounces

That's it for my Monday. Thanks for stopping in! 

No comments:

Post a Comment