Friday, April 15, 2016

Never Put Off What You Can Do In The Morning...

That's a variation of an old saying, to never put off what you can do today. It's one I know well, and I've seen the wisdom in that statement over and over.

Yet I still don't always take heed. 

I've been hitting the cardio pretty hard this week, along with not getting nearly enough sleep, so today I decided to sleep in an extra hour, put off my cardio until Friday evening. Up until this week I've been doing cardio following my weight training, and given that Saturday is my off-day from doing any workouts, I figured doing the cardio at night would be no big deal.

Except I ended up working late, and you know what that meant -- I didn't have time for both a full chest/shoulder/triceps workout and a full cardio workout tonight. 

I compromised a bit, cutting the weight training session a little short and still getting in a good 30-minutes cardio workout, but this goes to show, when it comes to working out, never put it off. You just don't know what will come up to get in the way.

I want to talk a little bit about being tired and a little on the weak side in the weight room, too, but it's late, I'm tired, and that will have to wait for a  weekend post.

For now, here's what I did today.

Working out
Weight training - Chest, shoulders, tris (I actually left out the triceps, and went a little lighter and a few less reps in some cases on the others.)

Chest
Flat Bench Press
135 pounds - 1 set, 10 rep
205 pounds -- 2 sets, 6 reps each
195 pounds -- 2 sets, 8 reps each
185 pounds -- 2 sets, 8 reps each

Seated Machine Flyes
125 pounds -- 2 sets, 10 reps each

Shoulders
Machine overhead press
125 pounds -- 2 sets, 8 reps each

Rear deltoid Machine flyes 
140 pounds -- 1 set, 10 reps

Machine side raises 
110 pounds -- 1 sets, 10 reps

Cardio
Stationary Bike
32 minutes 
11.5 miles
360 calories

Food for the day
Breakfast
Eggs -- 2 whole ones
1/2 banana
Coffee

Lunch
Lean pork -- 5 ounces
Mixed veggies -- 1/2 cup

Snack
Protein Bar

First Dinner
Baked talipia -- 4.3 ounces
Rice -- 2/3 cup
Mixed veggies

Second dinner
2 Chicken wraps -- each wrap was a small flour tortilla with 2 ounces of chicken breast cooked in fire-roasted tomatoes, 1/8 cup cheese, 1 tablespoon of salsa, 1/2 table spoon of sour cream, along with a few chunks of tomatoes and lettuce.

Snack
More of the fire-roasted tomato chicken -- 3 ounces
Cheese -- 1/8 cup
Salsa -- 1 tablespoon

Totals for the day

Calories -- 1,775
Far -- 49 grams
Protein -- 174 grams

Water -- 80 ounces
Diet soda -- 36 ounces

No comments:

Post a Comment