Wednesday, April 20, 2016

Blogging A Day Late Again...

Well folks, I may have to change up my blogging schedule. Now that I'm getting up earlier to do cardio each morning, staying up late and blogging just isn't working so well. Yet, I hate to come on and write about what I did YESTERDAY, seems too old. Then again, posting late at night means most of the folks reading are doing so the next day, right?

I don't know, I'll have to give it some thought.

I will say that Sunday's leg workout and cardio session seem to be lingering with me this week. Monday I had a lot of leg soreness and was really, really tired. I went ahead and did Monday morning's cardio on the stationary bike, but my legs felt so fatigued Monday night I decided I wouldn't get up Tuesday morning to do cardio, so I put it off until Tuesday night.

That worked out relatively well, given that I had probably my best cardio workout yet, both in duration and intensity -- though I'm feeling it this morning. Of course, doing the workout that late on Tuesday meant no cardio this morning. (Wednesday).

Other than that, the workouts are going relatively well. The eating has been interesting. I'm on Day 10 of 30 straight days of eating clean. When I started, I had some serious doubts about it -- I've never gone 30 consecutive days of truly eating clean in my life. Even when eating healthy and dieting, there's always an off day or an off night or an off meal. Ten days in, I'm feeling pretty good, the weight has continued to drop, but I'm not feeling weak or tired or even hungry all that often. And, I'm not nearly as tempted as I expected to be to cheat -- though I had to confess my mouth was watering a bit when one of my dear sisters posted something about Krispy Kreme doughnuts being on sale (KRISPY KREME!)

I guess it's the mindset. When just watching calories, it's easy to slip in something bad here and there as long as it fits, but once I decided to eat clean, I just don't think about taking a bite of something that doesn't strictly adhere to the diet. (I wrote a little more at length about this on Sunday's blog).

Anyway. here's what I did on Tuesday.

Workout
Cardio -- stationary bike
1 hour, 5 minutes
23 miles
725 calories

Diet for the day

Breakfast
Coffee
Eggs (1 whole, 2 white)
Oatmeal (1/3 cup when dry)
Banana -- 1/2 of a small one

Lunch
Boiled chicken breast -- 6 ounces
Baked sweet potato -- 5 ounces
Veggies -- 1/2 cup

Snack
Fat Free Greek Yogurt

Dinner 1
Bake tilapia -- 5 ounces
Veggies -- 1/2 cup

Dinner 2
Spaghetti (1 serving whole wheat noodles, 3/4 cup sauce, mozzarella cheese)

Snack
More spaghetti (3/4 serving whole wheat noodles, 1/2 cup sauce, mozzarella cheese)

Totals for the day
Calories -- 1,425
27 grams fat (lower than I would have thought)
131 grams protein (too low)

Water -- 75 ounces
Diet soda -- 32 ounces

No comments:

Post a Comment