Saturday, April 2, 2016

Day 25 -- Uh Oh, Another Weekend!

No, I didn't forget my diet or pig-out, and I most certainly did do a good amount of cardio today.

What can be almost as problematic, though, is simply getting off the daily routine and not eating enough, or not eating at the proper intervals throughout the day. 

That was my day today.

First, because I was up so late last night (or more accurately, into the wee hours of this morning), I slept in a little later than normal. Given that I was already behind schedule, I simply had some coffee and headed to the gym without breakfast. Then I had a couple of errands on the way home, had to stop at the library (where I ended up for an hour), and next thing I know, it's 2 o'clock in the afternoon and I'm sitting down for my first meal of the day.

Afterward, because I feel like I'm not into my regular routine, I don't eat again until 8 o'clock. So today, it's definitely been not enough food, and not spreading it out correctly.

I did have a good cardio workout, though.

So here's the scoop on Day 25.

Workout
Cardio
Stationary bike
50 minutes (levels 9, 8, and 7 one-minute each, level 6 10 minutes, level 5 30 minutes, lvl 4 the rest)
17.5 miles
570 calories burned

Eating for the day. 

Breakfast
Cappuccino (NOT Starbucks or anything like that. Just a simple K-cup cappuccino. I wouldn't pay $47 or whatever it cost for one at Starbucks, not that it matters, since there's not one within 30 miles of my home).

Lunch
Salad, consisting of 2 ounces of lean ham, 1 whole boiled egg and the egg white from another, lettuce and greens and 2 tablespoons salad dressing.
Fat-free Whipped Greek Yogurt (my weekend treat)

Dinner
Bottom round steak -- 3.6 ounces
Baked potato -- 9 ounces
Diet butter - 1 1/2 tablespoons

Snack
Shredded Wheat Cereal -- 1 cup
Almond Milk -- 1 cup

Total for the day.

1,270 calories
44 grams of fat
79 grams protein

70 ounces of water
36 ounces diet soda

Thanks again for stopping by. Tomorrow I'll talk a little about some of the changes I've noticed since starting this.

No comments:

Post a Comment