Thursday, April 28, 2016

WOW...I rode a lot of "miles" today...

Well, after all the excitement of showing off my before and in-progress pics yesterday, today's blog is ... well, probably kinda lame.

I did head off to the gym early this morning for cardio, only to find the stationary bike is even more broken today than it has been. The way the bike works is you plug in your weight, and then you take off. Based on how fast you're pedaling, how high the resistance, and how long you go the bike gives a rough approximation of how many calories you've burned. I don't know how accurate it is, but I figure as long as it's using the same standard from day to day, it should be good for comparison purposes.

Until today.

First, the weight would not go any higher than 180 pounds. So, according to the bike, I've long-ago met my weight loss goals -- imagine that, 99 pounds in just 7-1/2 weeks.

Second, once I started pedaling, I noticed the mileage was really moving along quite nicely. Too nicely. I'm still not entirely sure, but I think it was counting in kilometers. When I clicked to the screen that showed my speed, it definitely was registering in kilometers per hour, so I'm guessing that 34 I finished at was kilometers, not miles -- particularly since I've never done more than 22.5 miles in an hour before today.

Of course, no one there had a clue how to reset the bike back to miles, or even knew it could be set to kilometers. The most promising answer I got was "Well, we'll have new equipment here some time in May."

That's been the pat answer to most everything in recent months. As cardio equipment and weight equipment breaks, rather than get it repaired, we hear about some nebulous date that no one can actually pinpoint when everything will be replaced with all-new stuff.

That's great, I suppose, but for those of us who used the equipment that keeps breaking, we're left with fewer and fewer choices. Wonder if they'll take fewer dollars for our membership during these months when everything keeps breaking?

Nah, didn't think so.

So, I guess that's my rant for the week. Just frustrating, especially when combined with the fact that about half-way through the biking my knee really started giving me some pain, and it's been a little off all day since then, so I fear I may have to skip cardio tomorrow. That'll be twice this week.

Other than that, things have gone just peachy!

Now, for my day...

Workout
Cardio
Stationary Bike -- 1 hour (55 minutes at level 5, 5 minutes at level 40
21 miles, I'm guessing
785 calories

That's it -- no weight training today.

Food for the day
Breakfast
Coffee
Eggs -- 1 whole, 2 whites
Southwest hash browns (no oil, nothing bad)

Lunch
Taco soup -- 1-1/2 bowls
A few tiny little corn chip strips in the soup
Fat Free Greek Yogurt

Snack
Powerbar Triple Threat (not the best choice, but I was out of protein bars)

Dinner
Taco-flavored ground chicken -- 5 ounces
Kidney beans -- 3/4 cup
Cheese -- 1/4 cup
Salsa -- 2 tablespoons
Corn -- 1/4 cup

Snack
Ground chicken -- 2 ounces
Kidney beans 1/4 cup
Cheese 1/8 cup
Salsa - 1 tablespoon
Corn -- Not much


Totals for the day

Calories-- 1,500
Fat -- 45 grams
Protein -- 130 grams

Water -- 85 ounces
Diet soda -- 36 ounces

I'm getting a little slack in my eating, not eating anything that's not clean, but simply not planning to ensure I'm higher on protein. I think I'll have to make sure there's more chicken breast and fish showing up in the diet over the next few days.

That's it for the day. Thanks for stopping by.

No comments:

Post a Comment