Sunday, April 24, 2016

Being Lazy IS Good For You...And A Tiny Little Miscalculation

Today was leg day, and I decided to change things up just a bit. Regular readers will probably recall two weeks ago I decided to add legs to my workout routine, doing the workouts on Sunday afternoon.

That first week, I went pretty light with the weights, and didn't do too many reps and sets, along with about 20 minutes of cardio. Last week I added to the weight, the sets and reps, then followed by a pretty hard 40 minute cardio session. My legs were worn out after that, and weren't really back to normal until Tuesday night.

So, this week I decided to do the leg work but push the cardio off to another day. Last week I did cardio Sunday-Tuesday, then Thursday and Friday. This week I'll simply do it Monday-Friday. Sitting here writing this, I can already tell my legs aren't nearly as fatigued as they were last week, and I played about 20 minutes of basketball after doing legs today and am still feeling pretty good.

Now, for how the lazy is good thing, and my miscalculation. After doing squats, I went to do my leg press and there were four 100-pound discs on the machine. Moving those things are a real pain in the patootie, because there's very little grip room on them to grab when moving. I just didn't feel like wrestling with them, so I figured I'd go ahead and try doing leg presses with the four of them on there -- so for being too lazy to move the discs, I had to work harder to leg press more weight. About half-way through the first set, I was think this was a huge mistake, but the second set really wasn't that much harder to do.

And that's when it struck me. These past two Sundays, when I've been reporting here I'm doing leg presses of 200 and 240 pounds, it was actually 300 and 340 pounds. I'm not sure how I messed that  up -- I'm usually able to handle simple addition. So, anyway, I'm going to go back and correct those blogs, but that was my big discovery for the day.

Also, I'm combing Saturday and Sunday's eating and working out in this blog. Yesterday, Saturday, was my off day from working out, and it turns out I didn't eat nearly as much as I have been lately. I'll get to the Saturday food soon.

First, Sunday's workout -- legs.

Squats
135 pounds -- 10 reps
165 pounds -- 8 reps
225 pounds -- 8 reps
205 pounds -- 8 reps
185 pounds -- 8 reps

Leg Press
400 pounds (yes, I counted them right) -- 2 sets, 8 reps each.

Leg extension
115 pounds -- 2 sets, 10 reps each

Lying leg curl
70 pounds -- 1 set, 10 reps
90 pounds -- 2 sets, 10 reps each

Standing Calf Press
410 pounds
2 sets, 12 reps each.

Seated Machine Crunch
125 pounds -- 1 set, 15 reps

Afterward -- basketball (which was difficult, since my legs were pretty dead for a while afterward.)

Eating for Sunday -- I'll get back to you on this, filling it out later tonight.

Breakfast
Coffee (yeah, that's healthy)

Lunch
Seasoned chicken breast on a salad (2.75 ounces chicken, 1/4 cup black beans, 2 tablespoons salsa, 1/4 cup cheese, lettuce/spinach mixture)

Snack
Protein Drink (protein power, 8 ounces of 2 percent milk, 1 small banana all blended together)

Snack 2
Powerbar Triple Threat bar

Dinner
Sirloin steak from the grill (delicious!!!) -- 8.5 ounces
Corn on the cob -- 1 ear
Diet butter -- 2 teaspoons

Snack
3.25 ounces sirloin steak from the grill (did I mention it was really, really good?)

Totals for the day
1,525 calories
39 grams fat
173 grams protein

Water 80 ounces
Diet soda -- 12 ounces


Eating for Saturday

Breakfast
Cappuccino (A k-cup made at home)
Eggs -- 2 whole
Home-made hash browns -- 1 cup

Lunch
Taco-flavored ground chicken -- 3 ounces
Cheese -- 1/2 cup
Black beans -- 1/2 cup
Salsa -- 2 tablespoons
Mixed lettuce/spinach -- 1-1/2 cup

Snack
Taco soup -- 1 bowl

Dinner
Chicken sandwich -- made of 2 slices whole wheat bread, 4 ounces boiled chicken breast, 1/4 cup mozzarella cheese, three olives, and 1 1/2 teaspoons chipotle mayo.

Totals for day
1,265 calories
44 grams fat
96 grams protein (really low)

Water -- 50 ounces
Diet soda -- 24 ounces

That's it for the weekend. Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment