Sunday, May 1, 2016

Well That Didn't Go As Planned...

I didn't blog yesterday (Saturday) because there wasn't a lot to write -- the cold was still lingering, well, no, that's not true, it's lingering today. Better, but I still am sneezing and coughing. Yesterday was the worst day of the cold -- sore throat, feeling really bad. 

Saturday, of course, is my off day from working out, so the wasn't affected, but I didn't eat a lot early in the day simply because I didn't feel much like it, and what I did eat isn't exactly bodybuilding food (tomato soup and crackers).

Still, by the latter portions of the day I was back to eating normal, and today I expected to go a little light on the leg work, but once I got into the gym things felt pretty good, so I actually went heavier on a couple of lifts. Kinda funny how that happened, and that's what I was referring to with the title of today's blog. 

Even before I was sick I had thought about dropping some in weight or sets in leg day, because I'd been so tired and sore afterward the past couple of weeks. And yesterday, when I was really feeling bad, I figured there was no way I'd do a full leg workout.

But once I was in the gym, doing that first set of squats...I don't know, things just kinda happened. I did go a little lighter on the leg presses, but did heavier squats, and an additional set, and it felt really good. Maybe tomorrow will be the real test, when it's time to crawl out of bed and head to the gym for some early morning cardio.

Otherwise, it was mostly a fairly sedate weekend -- not doing much Saturday but editing and writing (not for work, but for my fiction), and today mowing, working out, getting back into the swing of everything.

I'll go into my work, then today's eating, then yesterday's eating for those of you who like reading that sort of stuff.

Sunday workout -- legs
Squats (in the order I did the set)
135 pounds -- 1 set, 10 reps
165 pounds -- 1 set, 8 reps
225 pounds -- 1 set, 8 reps
255 pounds -- 1 set, 6 reps
225 pounds -- 1 set, 8 reps
185 pounds -- 1 set, 8 reps

Leg press -- 380 pounds
2 sets, 8 reps each

Leg extensions
115 pounds, 2 sets, 10 reps each

Leg curls
70 pounds -- 1 set, 10 reps
90 pounds -- 1 set, 10 reps
95 pounds -- 1 set, 8 reps

Standing calf press
410 pounds -- 2 sets, 12 reps each

Food for the day (Sunday)

Breakfast
K-cup cappicino

Lunch
Baked chicken breast, 4 ounces (cooked in a little bit of olive oil)
Long grain rice -- 2/3 cup cooked

Snack
Protein Drink with a banana chopped up in it

First Dinner
Lean center-cut pork loin -- 5 ounces
Baked potato -- 5 ounces
Diet butter -- 1 tablespoon

Snack
Lean center-cut pork loin -- 3.5 ounces

Total for the day so far (I'm sure I'll have something else before the night's over, I'll update when I do)
1,095 calories
30 grams fat
121 grams protein

Water -- 53 ounces
Diet soda -- 24 ounces

Saturday eating
Breakfast -- coffee

First Lunch 
tomato soup
crackers

Second lunch
Taco flavored grilled chicken -- 2 ounces
Cheese -- 1/8 cup
Salsa and corn -- 2 tablespoons
Kidney beans -- 1/4 cup
Salad mix (lettuce, greens, etc.)

Dinner
Baked chicken breast -- 3.75 ounces
Red potatoes baked with olive oil and rosemary

Second dinner
Bake chicken breast with olive oil
Cheese -- 1/4 cup
Tomato
Salsa (2 tablespoons)
Salad mix of lettuces and greens

Snack
Granola -- 2/3 cup
Almond mild -- 3/4 cup

Totals for day

1,435 calories
41 grams fat
105 grams protein (way low here)




No comments:

Post a Comment