Monday, May 9, 2016

Day 28 of Clean Eating!

That's right, four weeks ago today is when I started my own self-challenge to eat clean for 30 days. While I've had a couple of days where I had to really watch what I was doing, but overall it's been easier than I anticipated.

More on that later this week, after I've actually crossed day 30.

For now, let me just dive into today's workout and eating, and then I'm hitting the hay -- that clock rings awful early for these morning cardio routines! I will say the gym was extremely busy tonight -- 19 people all in the weight area, and not a soul on the cardio equipment and only one person using the nautilus machines. After my son and I finished our chest workout in the weight section of the gym, we ended up doing shoulders on the machines because all of the free weight shoulder stations were in constant use. No complaints, though, because every one of those people were working tonight, no playing around or talking.

Workout
Cardio
Stationary bike
48 minutes -- all on level 5
17 miles
630 calories

Weight training -- chest, shoulders and triceps day.
Bench Press
135 pounds -- 1 set, 10 reps
185 pounds -- 1 set, 8 reps
215 pounds -- 1 set, 8 reps
205 pounds -- 1 set, 8 reps
195 pounds -- 1 set, 8 reps

Incline Bench Press
135 pounds -- 1 set, 10 reps
135 pounds -- 1 set, 8 reps

Seated Chest Flyes with machine
125 pounds -- 2 sets, 10 reps each

Shoulders
Nautilus seated shoulder press
110 pounds -- 2 sets, 10 reps each

Seated side raises on the machine
110 pounds -- 1 set, 10 reps
110 pounds -- 1 set, 8 reps

Rear delt flyes on the machine
135 pounds -- 2 sets, 10 reps each

Triceps
Cable press down
150 pounds -- 2 sets, 10 reps each

Seated machine press down
245 pounds -- 1 set, 15 reps

Abs
Seated crunch
125 pounds -- 1 set, 15 reps

Eating for the day
Breakfast
Coffee
Eggs (1 whole, 2 whites)
Lean ham -- 1 ounce

Lunch
Lean ground beef -- 4 ounces
Baked potato -- 4.5 ounces
Veggies -- 2/3 cup

First dinner
Lean pork -- 4 ounces
Veggies -- 2/3 cup

Second dinner
Eggs -- 1 whole, 1 white
Homemade southwestern hashbrowns (spicy!) -- 1 cup
Lean bacon -- 3 slices

Total for the day

1,000 calories
39 fat grams
104 protein grams

Yes, that wasn't enough calories or protein, but there was a point in the day when I was a little afraid I was getting the stomach virus my wife had -- I was feeling kinda queasy around lunch time, so I skipped the Greek yogurt, and skipped the afternoon snack. Whatever it was passed by the end of the day, though, and I'm feeling pretty good right now.

Water -- 70 ounces
Diet soda -- 12 ounces

No comments:

Post a Comment