Wednesday, April 12, 2017

Weigh-in Day...Uh Oh....

Well, Day 8 is the first weigh-in day,  my first full week at this.

Remember, I initially tried to start this on Thursday, March 30, when I weighed-in at a nice, rotund 288.6
pounds, but those first four days were a bit of a start-stop-kinda restart experience. So I restarted for good on Monday, April 3. Even with the up-and-down experience of those first four days, I still was down to 282.8 then, with a goal of dropping 11 pounds the first week.

So Monday morning I hopped out of bed, ran to the scales because I was sooooo excited to see the results. Okay, maybe not. Maybe I hit the snooze a couple of times, then gradually crawled from bed, went to the coffee maker and started my morning routine before remembering this was weigh-in day.

I kinda wish I had forgotten, because the results simply weren't what I was hoping for.

My one-week weigh-in? I tipped the scales at 277.6 pounds, far off of my 11-pound goal. I have to say, I was disappointed.

Not crushed, because that was a 5.2-pound loss. And I suppose I should feel pretty good, because if you go back to my original weight, I had dropped 11 pounds in 11 days, and no matter how you slice it, 11 pounds is a decent little start. Heck, the "official" first full week loss of 5.2 pounds is nothing to sneeze at. Still, I was hoping to be about 6 pounds lighter than that.

Boy, that idea of dropping 48 pounds in 60 days might not work out quite as well as I had hoped.

So this week is about analyzing what I did last week, where I may have made mistakes (eating popcorn at midnight two consecutive nights, even if it is "diet" popcorn is probably a good guess for one big mistake).

There's a program called Body For Life that is, in my opinion, one of the most sound, science-backed weight loss and fitness programs out there, developed by a guy named Bill Phillips. One of the things he says regarding weight loss efforts is this: It's about progress, not perfection.

That's what I have to keep in mind now. Last week was far from perfect, but it was progress.

This week? Well, it'll be better. Next week maybe I'll go for perfection!

Anyway, here's what I did on Monday in terms of eating and working out.

Breakfast
Eggs -- 1 whole, 2 whites
Turkey bacon -- 2 slices
Coffee (with a little Splenda and 1/4 cup almond milk in it)

Lunch
Low fat taco meat -- 5 ounces
Kidney beans -- 1/2 cup
Salsa, lettuce/mixed greens -- 1 cup
Mozzarella cheese -- 1/8 cup
Yogurt

Snack
Greek Yogurt

Dinner (just one today)
Chicken Parmesan, consisting of:
Chicken breast cooked in olive oil -- 6 ounces
Provolone cheese -- 1 slice, diet version
Spaghetti sauce -- 1/2 cup

Snack
Turkey patty
Slider bun
Tomato/ketchup/onion

Totals for the day
1,480 caloris
40 grams of fat
137 grams protein
36 ounces diet soda
80 ounces of water

Okay, the fat's a little high for that amount of calories, and the protein is low again. I guess I'm eating a few too many foods that are high in carbs and low in protein, such as regular yogurt and the bun with the turkey burger. Eliminating those things would definitely drop the carbs and a tiny bit of fat, but I'd need to replace them with something high in protein.I'll watch that in coming days.

For my workout, I did weight lifting, back and biceps today,

Seated Row -- narrow grip
130 pounds -- 10 reps
180 pounds -- 2 sets, 10 reps each
Wide grip
160 pounds -- 3 sets, 10 reps each

Lat pull down
100 pounds -- 2 sets, 10 reps

Curl bar curl
40 pounds -- 10 reps
70 pounds -- 1 set, 8 reps, 1 set, 6 reps

That back machine
80 pounds -- 2 sets, 10 reps each

Seated machine ab crunches
100 pounds -- 2 sets, 15 reps each.

Okay folks, that's all for weigh-in day. Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment