Tuesday, April 11, 2017

Day 7 Blog -- Eek! Hamburgers are EVIL

It's sooooo innocent looking.

Sitting there, beckoning you. It's almost as if you can hear its sweet, sultry voice, calling your name.

Of course you say no, how could you? You've made a commitment, a promise to change your life, to be different.

Still, it calls.

You step over, examining it. Oh, look, you think, it's lower fat. Surely that's okay, right? And you can grill it, cook away a quarter, or more, of the fat that's there, right?

What his this siren of temptation?

The plain old, juicy American hamburger.

And it is evil, I tell you, evil. 

But first, let's take a look at my Day 7.

Sunday, of course was another weekend day, which meant the schedule of eating and working and all of that was off a bit. What that means is that earlier in the day, I was a little off in my eating, not taking in nearly enough, and I probably more than made up for it later in the day.

Today was also cardio day.

So, here was the line-up

Breakfast
Greek yogurt

Lunch
Last of the grilled chicken -- 4 ounces
Salad of mixed greens and lettuce
Edamame 1/2 cup

Latte (K-cup kind, not tooo many calories)

Hamburger (6 ounces, lower fat beef)
Bun
Cheese
Ketchup/onion/tomato
Mashed potatoes (instant, 3/4 cup)

Snack
Lean pork  -- 2.5 ounces
Mashed potatoes (instant, 1/2 cup

Totals for the day:
Calories: 1,430
Fat: 54 grams
Protein: 104 grams
Diet soda: 36 ounces
Water: 80 ounces

Wow, when totaling that up, I'm really surprise how low I was on protein. My goal is to be in the range of 160 to 200 grams each day. Part of what threw me off today was the weekend schedule thing and not eating every three or so hours.

The other thing was the aforementioned hamburger, that little grilled vixen. Even with low-fat beef, ground beef is a relative high-fat, moderate-protein meat. That hamburger, with the cheese (but it's LOW FAT cheese, so it's okay, right?) and bun, accounted for more than half the fat I had today.A whopping 29.5 grams of fat in one food -- 545 total calories, once  you count the ketchup, onion and tomato (heaven help us if I'd included mayonnaise. But I resisted, even turning away the low-fat mayo).

See, even one meal -- one part of a meal -- can wreak havoc on your weight loss if you're not careful. Of course, because I had been fairly strict all week, it's not like it destroyed my efforts, but it sure didn't help! Good thing I did a little longer cardio today...

For cardio, I did stationary bike.
48 minutes
16 miles
585 calories burned

No comments:

Post a Comment