Thursday, April 6, 2017

Day 3 of 60 in 60...or something like that

Wow, I keep getting later and later with my posts. Today is actually day 4, and we're more than halfway through the day and I'm just now getting around to posting Day 3 results.

Maybe...just maybe I'll get this all caught up this weekend. For now, though....

Today would have been the end of week 1, had I remained with our original plan of starting March 30. Of course, those of you who are regular readers will recall beginning Friday night, the weekend wasn't the best of times -- at least when it comes to healthy eating and trying to lose weight.

I weighed in at 288.6 pounds that day, with a goal of dropping 11 pounds within the first week. Truth be told, even with the bad Saturday and Sunday (and Friday night), I may have come close to this anyway of we were counting this as the first full week.

But, we're not. I started over on Monday of this week -- three days ago -- at 283.8 pounds, but my goals remain the same: 11 pounds the first week, 27 pounds the first month. So, I'm looking to be at 272.8 by this coming Monday.

Toward that end, I'm still staying strict on the healthy eating and exercising. Here's how yesterday, Wednesday, Day 3, went, for both my eating and my exercise.

Breakfast
Eggs -- 1 whole, 2 whites
Lean ham -- 2 ounces

Lunch
Lean center pork -- 5 ounces
Baked sweet potato -- 6 ounces

Snack
Greek Yogurt (fat free, sugar free)
Banana

First dinner
Grilled chicken breast -- 4 ounces
Black beans -- 1/8 cup
Mozzarella cheese -- 1/8 cup
All mixed up with a bowl full of mixed lettuces and greens

Second dinner (plus late snack. I just ate the same stuff, spread out over a few hours, so it's all totaled as one meal)
Lean ground beef -- 8 ounces
Kidney beans -- 1/3 cup
Salsa -- 1/3 cup
Lettuce/greens -- 1 cup
Soft tortilla taco boats (that's what they're called on the box) -- 4 of them

My totals for the day:
1,530 calories
36 grams of fat
141 grams of protein
Water = 80 ounces
Diet soda = 48 ounces

Again, high on the diet soda, but getting better on the water intake. Protein was a little light. The fat grams aren't bad, especially when you consider 5 grams was olive oil, a healthy fat your body actually needs.

Now, for the workout. Wednesday was back and biceps days.

Back
Seated row (narrow grip)
130 pounds -- 1 set, 10 reps
180 pounds -- 2 sets, 10 reps each
(wide grip)
160 pounds -- 2 sets, 10  reps each

Lat pulldown
100 pounds -- 2 sets, 10 reps each

Screwy little back machine (I have no idea what it's really called -- you slide in it, seated, but you really have to scrunch in and your stomach is nearly on your thighs, then you push back all the way back until you're almost in a prone, lying position. Works the lower back, thus from henceforth in this blog it shall be known as the lower back machine).
65 pounds, 2 sets of 10

Biceps (I'm limited here because of some forearm pain I've hard periodically since doing something to it a few years ago)
Dumbbell curls
25 pounds
2 sets, 10 reps each

Preacher curls
40 pounds
2 sets, 10 reps each

Seated machine ab crunch
100 pounds
1 set, 15 reps
1 set, 12 reps

Well, that was about all for yesterday folks. If you have any questions, comments, or better yet the key to dropping 60 pounds really, really fast, drop me a line down in the comment section!


No comments:

Post a Comment