Sunday, April 9, 2017

Day 5 of 60 in 60: Coordinating workouts

I've been doing my weight workouts with my sons, which has taken some coordination since my oldest works nights and goes to school, while my youngest is working mornings. I, of course, work all the time.

Because my oldest son, who shall be known in this blog as Son No. 1, had to work on Friday night, I was under the impression from Son No. 1 that he and Son No. 2 would head to the gym early Friday and work out on their own, and I'd go down by myself when I got off work. I was under that impression because Son No. 1 told me that's what they'd do.

I ended up working late, but still would have time to get to the gym and do a quick workout with the weight machines, only to learn the boys hadn't gone to the gym, either. And given that my legs were pretty dead from the previous night's stationary bike ride, I figured there was no way I was going to do cardio tonight.

So, Friday ended up being an off day regarding workouts.

But not for the food!

So, here's my diet for the day.

Breakfast
Skipped it -- got up late

Lunch
Some of that taco meat mixture from last night:
5 ounces meat
1/2 cup kidney beans
Salsa and the greens/lettuce salad
Mozzarella cheese (1/4 cup)

Snack
Yogurt (regular, light, fat free)

First dinner
Chicken breast -- 6 ounces
Fire roasted tomatoes -- 1/2 cup

Second dinner
Taco meat (low-fat ground beef) -- 4 ounces
Salsa and lettuce/greens
Mozzarella -- 1/8 cup

Third dinner
Taco meat -- 3.5 ounces
Mozzarella -- 1/4 cup
Salsa -- 2 tablespoons

Snack (okay, I stayed up really late and got hungry)
Popcorn (that diet popcorn, that's only 110 calories per bag) -- 2 bags

Totals for day
Calories: 1,270
Fat: 37 grams
Protein: 139 grams
Diet soda -- 48 ounces
Water - 60 ounces

A little low on protein, but as you can see the whole day was off eating-wise. Woke up late, missed breakfast, didn't have time to properly pack food...



No comments:

Post a Comment