Saturday, April 16, 2016

A day of rest...

Many of you will recall I said beginning Monday of this week I was going to eat clean for 30 days, no off days.

Well, the weekends are the hardest for that sort of stuff, and I'm happy to report halfway through the first week I'm still good...eating clean . But I did take the day off from working out, a planned day off. Tomorrow, on Sunday, I'll hit the legs and cardio again.

Here's what I ate for the day:

Breakfast
Eggs -- 2 whole
Homemade hash browns -- 1 cup
Cappuccino  (K-cup)

Lunch
Two wraps (one with 3 ounces of chicken breast cooked in fire-roasted potatoes, the other taco-flavored ground chicken breast. Both had an 1/8-cup of cheese, 1 tablespoon of salsa, rolled up in a flour tortilla).

Snack
Protein bar

Dinner
Bottom round steak -- 5 ounces
Sweet potato -- 8.25 ounces
Diet butter (my one luxury this week) -- 1 1/2 tablespoon

Totals for the day

Calories -- 1,675
Fat -- 50 grams
Protein -- 140 grams (a little low)

Water -- 75 ounces
Diet soda -- 30 ounces

That's all. Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment