Wednesday, March 23, 2016

Welcome To Temptation Week

A quick recap of the week so far would go something like this:

Monday: Chili, one of my favorite dishes. I was tempted, very much so, but I did not partake of the evil dish.

Tuesday: Tacos. The ONE. If I was ever forced to select one single dish as my absolute favorite, this is it. But I simply turned from the kitchen, quickly dressed and went to the gym, never touching the villainous, enticing dinner.

Today? Fajitas. (The gentleman featured in today's video presentation is one who ate too many tacos and fajitas -- and no, this is NOT me)

Now in all honestly, the temptation posed by fajitas doesn't quit measure up to chili or tacos. Still, it is a favored dish to my palate, particularly when the fajita mixture is spread over a tortilla, coated in melted butter, then rolled inside that tortilla.

Of course, being the fitness and nutrition buff that I am striving to become, I knew full well the butter was out, but I could easily spread the fajita mixture on a couple of whole-wheat tortillas and enjoy. I even took a tiny little piece of the chicken, along with a small strip of pepper and onion, as a sample of what awaited me after my workout, and I have to tell you these fajitas had an especially enticing flavor.

Upon returning home from the gym I learned the full, vile truth: These fajitas were made with a homemade mixture. This meant they tasted so much better than using a store-bought mix, but it also meant about a gabillion tablespoons of olive oil, sesame oil, and soy sauce were used to create such a full-bodied, piquant taste.

That translates to a gabillion calories.

So, with head hung low, feeling a little bit like Charlie Brown after having the ball yanked away once again as he goes into his kicking motion, I trudged to the fridge, pulled out some lean pork chops, and made those for dinner. Don't get me wrong, I like pork chops. I really, really do. But those fajitas still call to me, a silent, fattening temptress adorned in Tupperware, sitting in the fridge, waiting...waiting...waiting...

But I am strong. I sit with my comforting pork chop, dining away from temptation's sight, knowing that one day...one day 80 pounds from now...I will enjoy those fajitas. Well, maybe not THOSE fajitas...

Exercise for the day:
Weight training for chest, shoulders, triceps.

Chest
Flat bench barbell bench press
135 pounds, 1 set, 10 reps
195 pounds, 2 sets, 8 reps each
185 pounds, 2 set, 9 reps each

Incline barbell bench press
115 pounds, 2 sets, 8 reps each.

Dumbbell bench flyes
40 pound dumbbells, 1 set, 8 reps
25 pounds, 1 sex, 8 reps

Shoulders
Seated dumbbell press
50 pounds, 2 sets, 8 reps

Seated backflyes
125 pounds, 2 sets, 10 reps

Triceps
Triceps pressdown
140 pounds, 2 sets, 10 reps

Seated Machine Tricep Press
240 pounds, 1 set, 12 reps

Abs
Seated Machine Crunches
110 pounds, 1 set, 15 reps

Food for the day

Breakfast
Coffee
Eggs -- 1 whole, 2 whites
Mushrooms -- 1/2 cup chopped

Lunch
2 4-ounce lean turkey burgers
1/2 can low-fat pork-n-beans (had to do something with the leftovers from last night)

Snack
Salad, with lettuce, mushrooms, 2 ounces of lean ham. NO dressing.

Dinner
Lean pork chop -- 8 ounces

Snack
Raisin Bran -- 1 cup
Almond Milk -- 1 cup

Totals
1,345 calories
44 grams fat
151 grams protein

Drinks for the day
Water 80 ounces
Diet soda 32 ounces

Well, that's it for today, Day 3 of TEMPTATION WEEK. Thanks for stopping by!

P.S. I'm trying to see how many folks I can get to read my blog, so please feel free to share this with your friends on FB, via Twitter, and elsewhere. And leave any questions or comments you have in the comment section -- I try to respond to each one!




No comments:

Post a Comment